- Solar panels channel the power of sunlight to create energy for your Fayetteville area home. In order to power your home, your solar system follows this process:
- Sunlight encounters the panels which cause the photons and electrons to interact. This creates an electrical current.
The electrical current flows from the panels to your solar inverter. This is where the energy generated from your panels is converted into usable energy for your home.
- Then, the energy travels from the inverter to your breaker box, which circulates the energy throughout your home.
- Any energy that isn’t used flows back to your utility meter. This excess energy can be used at night or in case of an outage (if you have a battery backup) or for net metering purposes, meaning it can be sent back to the grid and used to earn energy credits on your next electric bill (if available in your area).
Benefits of Solar In Fayetteville
There are plenty of reasons to consider solar panels for your Fayetteville home. Beyond the potential financial benefits, there are environmental factors and the potential for a major return on your investment.
- Own Your Power — Avoid problems associated with rising energy costs by owning your power. Produce your own power to rely less on the grid and have fewer worries about constantly rising utility prices.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Potentially save thousands of dollars on your electric bills by utilizing solar energy.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Homeowners can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% for installing solar panels on their property.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — As solar becomes more mainstream, people see more value in solar systems. Studies show that solar panels can increase your home’s value, which can potentially lead to an increased return on investment if you choose to sell your home.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Solar energy represents an alternative to fossil fuels that can easily reduce your carbon footprint and allow you to do your part for our planet.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
During certain times of day, it’s possible that your solar panels will produce more energy than you need. If you don’t use all of the energy that your system produces, there are a couple of ways it can be put to use.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Fayetteville
- You can begin by filling out a form for a free quote. Our experienced solar representatives will call you back to discuss going solar. During this initial call, we’ll discuss factors that contribute to whether you’re a good candidate for solar panels and schedule your free in-home consultation.
- One of our experienced solar consultants will come out in person to evaluate your home and examine your electric bills to see what size solar system will work best for you. This will result in a custom proposal based on your home’s unique energy needs. Once you’ve signed, we’ll get to work on preparing for installation!
- On installation day, our team will arrive at your home on time and install your solar panels carefully to ensure that there is no damage to your roof or home. This process usually only takes a day or two. We’ll also test your system to make sure everything is working and clean up our workspace after the fact.
Cost of Solar
It’s more affordable than ever to go solar in Fayetteville! The cost of a solar panel system depends on several factors, including the size of your home, your electricity usage and your energy goals. Our solar experts can work with you to create a customized solution for your home, including how many solar panels you need.
The cost of your solar panel system is calculated based on dollars per watt. We calculate the number of panels you need based on the number of watts your home typically uses. Once we have that information, we can begin to design a custom solar solution that will work for your home.
Your Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!